This spring, Richard Egarr directs two of Britain's leading period orchestras. After his successful debut at the BBC Proms last year, directing the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment in Purcell's Dido & Aeneas, Richard now leads the OAE in four instrumental concerts in the UK. In two different programmes, the OAE will perform all six Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, starring Lisa Beznosiuk on the flute, and Richard Egarr on harpsichord.
Later on in May, Egarr meets The Academy of Ancient Music to revive the Bach Harpsichord Concertos, which were so splendidly recorded on their double CD (available on HMU 907283.84). This programme will also be performed in the Netherlands.
Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment
Bach: Brandenburg Concertos I-VI;
Benda: Flute Concerto in e minor;
Vivaldi: Sonata al Santo Sepolcro in Eflat; Sinfonia al Santo Sepolcro in B minor
• Thu 29 April Basingstoke, The Anvil, 19.45
• Fri 30 April London, Queen Elizabeth Hall, 19.45
• Thu 6 May Norwich, St Andrew's Hall, 19.30
• Fri 7 May Norwich, St Andrew's Hall, 19.30
For more details see webpage of the OAE.
The Academy of Ancient Music
Bach: Suite No 2 in B minor; Concertos in D minor and G minor for harpsichord; Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major
• Wed 19 May Cambridge, West Road Concert Hall, 19.30
• Tue 25 May Tilburg, Concertzaal, 20.30
• Wed 26 May Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, 20.15
• Sat 29 May Romsey, Abbey, 19.30
• Tue 1 June London, St John's Smith Square, 19.30
• Fri 4 June Beverley, Minster, 19.30
For more details see webpage of the AAM .